You're Invited ...
Join the Maine State Society Foundation for an evening in Georgetown with a Maine accent to raise scholarship funds for Mainers to attend Maine colleges.
Friday, May 4, 2018
Location: Thos. Moser DC Showroom
1028 33rd Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
About our host: Formerly a Bates college professor, Tom Moser left teaching in 1972 to restore the lost art of fine woodworking by making one-of-a-kind pieces of handmade furniture in an old Grange Hall in New Gloucester, Maine. Today, the Moser family has grown from a one-man operation to comprise a community of nearly 70 skilled craftsmen. Since 1987, Thos. Moser has called its nationally-recognized Auburn, Maine, workshop home. The DC location is one of 6 showrooms that allows customers to see and experience the results of the company's work firsthand.
- White wine (no red, it's a gallery!), beer, non-alcoholic drinks and appetizers
- Music by Maine jazz legend Brad Terry
- Silent auction featuring the Maine artisans and other treasures -- including online bidding!
- Official announcement of the Foundation’s 2018 scholar recipients
- 10% off all Thos Moser furniture purchases
- Go to custom auction page: https://charityauction.bid/MaineSocietyFoundationMay2018Auction
- Cick "Register as a bidder"
- Enter your personal information (will ask for name, email, etc.). Hit "Next"
- Enter a password for your account.
- Read and, if applicable, agree to the terms and conditions. Hit "Next."
- If you have comments, enter comments and then hit "Next."
- If you don't have comments, hit "Skip."
- Enter your payment information. Hit "Next."
- You should be all registered!
Purchase tickets + details
Ticket cost: $50 (includes $25 donation to the Foundation scholarship program)
Purchase tickets online, securely via PayPal. Follow these direction to make a secure online payment:
- Open PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/home
- If you don't have an account, you need to create one using your bank account
- Go to Money, Send to Friends and Family, and st up a payment using this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the "Other Amount" section include the total purchase cost and on the payment page make a note for "Moser event" in the "Add special instructions to the seller" field
Or mail a check made out to the Maine State Society Foundation to
Maine State Society Foundation
c/o Marcie Cheney
4501 Arlington Blvd., #416
Arlington, VA 22203
Parking: Georgetown parking is limited. Street parking is available on Water Street (just south of the showroom). Nearby garages include 3290 M Street (Georgetown Park) and PMI Parking garage at 3307 M ST NW, accessed via Bank Alley NW.